Remember the Orphans
Remember the orphans.
- The boy who we took clothes shopping, who just wanted to take off his trousers and curl up in the foetal position in the changing room.
- Remember the sisters who watched their parents die and then watched their foster parents die.
- Remember the boys rescued at minus-twenty degrees from the heating vents.
- Remember their brother and sister who were rescued from their family, beaten and bruised.
- Lord God, remember the hurt of the same two brothers who ran away numerous times and were swallowed up by the drug world.
- Lord, remember what happened as their stomachs were being pumped dry – their siblings being adopted abroad, without even being allowed to offer a good-bye.
Lord God, remember the orphans.
And Father, though I am overwhelmed,
Please give me peace when I anger.
Give me rest when I tire.
Bandage me when I hurt.
Pick me up when I fall.
Lord God, though I am overwhelmed,
I am willing – send me.
Remember the Orphans is featured in my book titled a church for others.
Thank you so much for reading out for lunch.
Please feel free to